When starting a new fitness or nutrition routine, it can be easy to get caught up in what “I can’t have” instead of focusing on all the amazing new habits and swaps you’re creating.
Today I want to share with you 3 of my favorite “Healthy Swaps” when it comes to nutrition, fitness and habits!
One of the big ones is making sure to keep your blood sugar levels up so that you don’t crave bad foods. Make sure to eat every 2-3 hours so that you keep your metabolism and energy pumping.
One of my biggest tips is to pack a snack in your purse, briefcase, or car so no matter where you are- you have a healthy snack. Some of my favorite Healthy Snacks include:
- Fruit and pack of nuts (Trader Joe’s has some great options for prepackaged raw nuts)
- Healthy Protein bars- some of my favorite brands are Kind Bars and Quest
You don’t have to become a gym rat to get your exercise in! There are so many options now a days, especially because of technology and the internet. Here are some of my favorite ideas for chill and/or at home exercises:
- T25 Dvd Series with Shaun T- It’s only 25 minutes and you can pop in your DVD into your TV player or your Computer
- Walking. Walking is great exercise no matter what. Walk around the block or meet up with friends around town or in nature.
- Running. For those of you like me who like to kick things up a notch, I have fallen in love with running.
Part of the journey is creating healthy NEW habits, and not focusing on old bad habits that you “have to” cut out. Choose to focus on the positivity you will bring to your life by taking care of yourself. Here are a list of healthy habits that I encourage you to start today!
- Set out your exercise clothes the night before. From socks, to shoes, to a sweatshirt.
- Don’t press snooze on your alarm clock. Choose once and for all to get up when it goes off. 🙂
- No more excuses. No matter what the day brings or how you act- own it- and if you need, apologize. But no more excuses! 🙂
Well, as always I hope you enjoyed my thoughts for the day and that they brought light and life to your life! Please feel free to comment below and to join the conversation over on my FACEBOOK page where the fun goes on!