As the snow has started to settle in, it is time to bring the warmth inside out, instead of packing yourself in sheets on cloths. Below are some of the food choices that you should make if you want to regulate your body temperature despite the chill outdoors.
What Foods to Eat to Stay Warm in winters:
There are certain foods that can be added in your diet on daily basis to avoid taking on the cold. Some of these items may not come as a surprise to you, but be sure that you note them down if you really want to make a difference.
Nuts & Seeds
Try to eat a handful of nuts daily in winters. Here is brief breakdown for you:
- Peanuts, almonds, and walnuts: All these nuts are amazing for you. They offer good cholesterol, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins, and fiber.
- Pistachios: These are best for the health conscious in winters. 20 pistachios contain about 100 calories and they provide minerals, anti-oxidants, vitamin E, calcium, and copper.
- Sesame seeds: Also good in winters, they offer warmth with minerals, vitamins, and calcium.
Sweets, Spices, and Seasonings
- Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and pepper are warming spices, they add taste to food and can be used with many warm beverage.
- Honey is the sweet that will warm your body from the inside. With this great natural sweetener, you do not even have to worry about calories.
- Ginger is the root that not only offers warmth but also it is a cure for cold and flu.
- Onion is also important to keep away the germs that are the cause of winter infections.
Fruits & Veggies
Add a serving of fruits and vegetables to each of your meals as it offers the warmth your body needs. They help to warm your entire body by boosting your immune system, blood flow and much more. Add a variety to enjoy the tastes as well.
You can add many soothing drinks in your diet in winters. Some of the most beneficial of them to warm your winters are:
- Hot Coffee
- Herbal Teas
- Warm Apple Pie Cocktail
- Hot Chocolate
- Mulled Cranberry Wine Punch
- Garden Chai
- Hot Ginger Punch
What Foods to Avoid to Stay Warm in winters:
As there are foods that give your body warmth, you should avoid many other items if you do not want to slow down the rate to burn the extra calories. Below is the list of foods that feed the chill and thus avoid them in winters:
- Butter (in excess)
- Processed chips
- Cold drinks
- White breads
- Rice (especially at night)
These foods causes our bodies to retain that blustery cold, Therefore try to keep your hands off such foods.